8/26/2007

And she's off

I was pleasantly surprised to read the scale is back down to 273 this morning. Down three from the 276 weigh in from last week. Getting closer to the 268 that I was at before my hiatus.

Things are slowly getting back in order around here. The food is getting made at home and I even played basketball yesterday. Me, basketball? It was a lot of work, but I'm putting effort into doing things I normally wouldn't do because of my weight. It feels good to come home sweaty and tired from being outside for a little while.

We also took the cat for a walk around the block the other night. Well, we did the walking while he sat in a shopping cart propped up like a little prince. I'm pretty sure people think we are crazy.






Also, salmon has entered our household and I have to say I'm addicted. I've turned my nose to salmon in the past, mostly because I've had it in not very salmon-flattering forms. Such as salmon cakes, or freezer burned and dry. But no, when made fresh its tender and delicious. I want salmon now and its 8:41 am. Last night was salmon, egg-free noodles, and an arugula salad with pecans, apples and goat cheese. A dinner that called for the fancy plates.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


5 Comments:

Blogger Chubby Chick said...

Hey! Congrats on the scale moving down! That is just great!

The cat looks SO cute in the shopping cart! lol

Mmmm...wish I had some salmon in the house right now. I agree...fresh is totally yummy. And it's SO good for you!

Keep up the good work, girl! :)

2:46 PM  
Blogger FAT BRIDESMAID said...

That salmon dinner sounds divine, and I just might have to copy the recipe for dinner this week. Also good with salmon -- a little low-fat sour cream mix with dill. YUM.

And congrats on getting the scale down! Keep it up!

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your weight loss! I'm sure your cat enjoyed the trip:)

5:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mmmmmmm yummo, salmon! After reading this post, I went and made salmon for dinner :-D And the cat looked like it was having a blast!

5:42 AM  
Blogger Naturally Blessed said...

salmon is very good. i love it. 'specially with a honey mustard glaze....mmmmmmm....

send some of that order my way...i know i could use soem these next upcoming days.

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

HOME