8/22/2007

Disappointment in a box

About a year ago I was at Borders with a friend of mine and in the check out we saw boxes of Bertie Botts. The Harry Potter inspired jelly beans in really horrible flavors. We didn't think it would be that bad considering that they are for kids. We thought it would be gross, but mildly gross.

We got into the car and decided to try them before leaving, started with the least disgusting of the flavors like grass, mud and pepper. Then we tried the more fowl flavors like vomit, earwax and rotten egg. Needless to say we were dry heaving and spitting jelly beans out of the car window for what seemed like an hour. The rotten egg one was the worst taste I've ever experienced in my life. I still gag thinking about it.

Anyhow, we all know that I'm trying to get back into my healthy eating groove, right? The morning started with a protein shake and then for a mid-morning snake I decided to give the new Slim Fast protein bars a try. After the first bite I realized it was the rotten egg jelly bean experience all over again. How could they do this? How hard is to make a decent tasting bar? If Luna can do it, so can you Slim Fast. Okay, back to sensible eating for me. I'm starting to miss the days of counting points. Is that sad? Its not even 1:30 in the afternoon and I'm already changing my diet plans.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm totally with you on this one, sweetpea! I've put off getting back on the wagon until the day after Labor Day, tho; because I want to enjoy the last of summer without worrying about how many points are in a caramel cashew sundae. But I'll be back with a vengeance! ;)

Have you tried the chocolate Fiber One bars? OMG - those are soooo great! They actually taste like chocolate, instead of stale socks.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Naturally Blessed said...

ewww. i didnt know they had made soem in real life too...though it seems years and years ago i remember hearing about wacky beans made in gross flavors.

why mess up a good thing?

i dont bother with those bars and stuff. primarily bc in the past i woudl eat them thinking they were really healthy for you, then realized that they weren't that much of a step above a candy bar...and heck for a few more calories i could eat a snicker....perhaps times have changed. i'm hearing that they are better for you now than they were....but i'm not ready to go there just yet.

glad to hear that you are getting back on track...next week i will be climbing back onto the straight and narrow with everyone else. this week is too crazy to try now. i'm trying to make better choices though.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Krissie said...

Nathan says that the sardines bean was the worst. He was eating them one night, driving in the dark, and not knowing what he was eating. He's looney tunes.

Someone recommeded the Fiber One bars...and I must send a word of warning. I love them, but I must eat them as dessert. If I eat one on an empty stomach, it's stomach trouble like never before. My mom can't eat them at all, they really make her sick. BUT - when I eat them in the right context, I am obsessed with them. So make sure you're close to home with the first one.

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha lol i like the last comment "its only 1:30pm and im already chnging my diet plans" you know my favorite meal bar.... kellogs 90 calorie bar in any flavor. but of you course if like me you eat the whole box in a day they arent exaclty just 90 calories!
jas

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

HOME