7/24/2007

Exercise Equipment: The Stationary Bike

As I move along in my weight loss journey, I am able to pinpoint exactly why I wasn’t able to stick with it before. Uh…it is hard to stick with! Period. I mean, you have to put on some exercise clothes, find time, go to the gym, or clear space in the living room, sweat, push yourself…okay, but the pay off is worth it, right?

I never realize until after I exercise why I love doing it, the process getting there can be a bit challenging. I’m moving into the two month mark of kick boxing class, and I’ve gotten a lot better at it. There are other days when I want to go to the gym and try out some exercise equipment, but I’m not sure which ones to try or how they work so I did a little bit of research. There is so much to know about using and even buying exercise equipment. I’m pretty familiar with the stationary bike and I have a bit of a soft spot for them.

I’m starting to wish that I could find room in my apartment to build a mini gym. I’ve thought about buying a stationary bike for rainy/snowy days or for days that I want to be at home. I found a useful website that explains what to look for when buying a stationary bike. I like what they said about cycling:“The cycling movement itself is another reason; almost everyone can cycle, there's very little co-ordination required and the weight-bearing nature of the exercise makes it particularly easy on the hips, knees and ankles - ideal for beginners, the elderly or those suffering /recovering from injury. The icing on the cake is that cycling is also a truly excellent cardiovascular exercise”

I truly agree with this, I started out on the stationary bike because it didn’t make me feel like my legs would buckle under my weight. It felt obtainable and I could challenge myself. The bike gave me strength and confidence to progress and push myself.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


8 Comments:

Blogger Darwin said...

Bicycling is non-weightbearing. (you're sitting down).

7:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there!
I'm the admin at http://www.goodbyeblubber.com (a group weight loss blog), and I was wondering if you'd like to do a link exchange!

Thanks :)

6:17 PM  
Blogger Naturally Blessed said...

yeah...it is. thats the biggest part. my dedication is different this time (my blog helps immensely). primarily bc i dont see an "end" to this healthy lifestlye i've adopted. i've accepted the fact that from here on out i'm gonna have to get off my butt to excercise. when i reach my goal, i can do a minimum of 3 days a week, but thats it. otherwise BAD THINGS happen.

i've been wanting a mini gym myself. alas, there is no money for that. but i plan to have one in a few years when i buy a house. with a flat screen mounted to the wall.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Lily T said...

Biking is such a wonderful form of exercise! Other than swimming I can’t think of a lower impact one.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love your blog. I'm actually starting my own weightloss/body blog and I would love for you to check it out. The more readers I get, the more accountable I am.

Keep up the good work!

5:35 PM  
Blogger hottiewithin said...

I hope someday I am more committed to exercise. It sounds like you are doing great. I have ALWAYS wanted to take kick boxing and never have. Congratulations on your success.

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah, lorrie, i am so proud of you! i have gotten behind on reading your blogs, but it sounds like you are doing great! you are an inspiration (i know that sounds corny, but i'm being totally honest)! i can't wait to see youuuu! <3!

1:03 PM  
Blogger Krissie said...

i miss you!!

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

HOME