7/09/2007

I live in a sauna

I’m lucky and unlucky at the same time. We don’t have formal air conditioning in the apartment, and when I say formal I mean there isn’t a thermostat and a giant generator-ish fan in the back yard. We have a clunky robot looking portable air conditioner in our well-sealed bed room. The timer went off in the middle of the night and I woke up thinking I was trapped in a heat box. Oh well. Its like living in a sauna, which is great for losing water weight! (Insert a bit of sarcasm) So, I like roughing it a little, and I can handle daily cold showers.

Let me declare this the summer of weight loss!

The perk to the official arrival of summer heat in ny is that I anticipate a drop in my appetite aside from the daily ice cream cravings. When it’s cold, I find myself wanting to nest and bundle up with blankets and macaroni and cheese or baked goods.

I got on the scale this morning which is at 272.5. Last week is was 275.5 and the week before that was 269.5.

I say leave the diet pills on the shelves and turn off the air conditioner!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


5 Comments:

Blogger Lily T said...

I’m the same way. It’s easier for me to lose weight in the warmer weather than in the colder. Maybe it’s the body’s way of protecting itself from the cold?

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

as my main man Kramer would say "It's like a sauna in here" - .. huh? oh well it's not .. but it is.. yes,no,yesno.yenso!

11:45 AM  
Blogger Naturally Blessed said...

oh g-d, no. i couldn't live without air....i live in teh belly of th esouth, better known as hell's backyard. there is no way, i could survive without air.

lol....but if it works for you......

i always get more inspired in warmer weather......thats when i can actually lose weight....in the winter i'm too busy stuffing pies and cookies in my face to be bothered.....though this fall and winter will be different this year. bc i have a loose goal of wearing a size 16 jean for my b-day which is Dec 4.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I struggle so much in Summer, its ridiculous. I eat oodles of ice-cream and drink loads of ginger beer and lemon lime bitters - and I don't even want to mention how horrible it is trying to exercise! I'm in the middle of winter at the moment, and enjoying every moment of the coldness!

4:11 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

I wish we were having a summer here in the UK - we're having the worst July in history apparently. I would have to go to the gym for a sauna!! Glad you're happy with the scales chick - it's all going well.

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

HOME