7/05/2008

soreness and fireworks

Hope everyone is having a good holiday weekend! We didn't do much to celebrate yesterday, but we are going to a cookout today. I've decided to make like a million cookies to bring with us. Is it over the top to bring four types of cookies? er. I might be insane, I'll probably stop after the second batch. Today is my day off, so it makes it easier to bake cookies and go to a cookout and not feel bad for it.

I've learned that I don't need or want to go food crazy on Saturdays, because it makes me physically sick. Why do that to myself? Having one good meal and a dessert is sufficient.

Went to the gym on Thursday, I hadn't been in awhile. I really thought working from home would be the perfect chance to exercise more. And that isn't the case at all. Which is one giant fat excuse really. Working from home is a joy to my soul, but difficult with time management and scheduling. I've been used to being on someone else's schedule my entire life, that when left to my own devices, I end up wasting a lot of time doing nothing. I need some time management tips.

That aside, I'm truly struggling with my own 21 day challenge! Thursday we went and did strength training, which has left me very sore even today. Following that was 55 minutes of cardio on the bike. It was late morning, so I watched the view. Man, day time TV sucks. Er, most of it sucks. Seriously, this two years without cable has been one of the best things I've ever done. I don't have to listen to biased news opinions, I don't have to watch TV commercials, and all around I'm totally out of the loop with whats happening. And I love it! Don't get me wrong, I still fill up my time with tv shows that I choose from netflix or dvd's: curb your enthusiasm, weeds, carnivale, etc. Thats a whole other story.

Anyway, I'm starting to ramble on and I need to bake cookies! Oh! I'm reading A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle, and its wonderful. I'm reading it very slowly and just sort of taking it in. But, it is really a good. I had my first moments of awakening last night around page 54 and it was the best feeling I've ever had. Awareness. I started laughing, I couldn't help it. The joy I feel, is indescribable. Highly recommended!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


4 Comments:

Blogger maresicle said...

I'm struggling with my 21 day challenge, too! I eat 3 or 4 servings of veg a day, but never make it to 5! I'll make 21-consecutive days if it takes me forever!!!

Enjoy your day of baking!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Hey, I've totally been there with the staying at home all day and not meaning to but accidently wasting it. It's so easy to do, and such a shame when you realize it after the fact. I also many times accidently eat way to much and then it hurts to digest for a while, I have to try to catch myself. Although, I have to eat a gigantic amount of food to experience that because I'm a raw vegan, so I eat almost entirely raw fruits and vegetables. It's a terrific lifestyle, everything is easy and I appreciate things for what they are so much more now. I also stuff my face all day and stay thin. It's terrific! Although it's much more satisfying to actually wait until you are very hungry.

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A New Earth is wonderful. It's changed my life profoundly.

I went from crabby negative girl to I quit my job and am a consultant and freelance writer! Watch the podcasts with Oprah and Eckhart, it's actually worth the time.

Cheers! You're blog is great!
Giyen

2:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for normalizing for everyone and letting us know YOU are struggling a smidge as well.

Miz., who finds that working from home is harder on her waistline AND exercise routine than she'd ever imagined as well.

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

HOME