11/17/2008

in defense of the weekend

oops! I lied, I didn't come back. We made a last minute decision Friday evening to drive and stay the night in Roanoke to catch a midnight viewing of Christmas on Mars. We stayed the night in a hotel, as we both lack any sort of decent driving skills and went Christmas shopping most of Saturday.

Yesterday, I spent most of the day being incredible lazy. That always seems like a good idea: not taking a shower, alternating between reading on the bed and watching tv on the couch and eating the most random things I could get my hands on. It was nice for about five hours and then I started feeling funky and depressed and lazy so I went to bed. At 8pm. wow.

Anyhow, enough of that. I wanted to share a few things in this post. I mentioned that I have about 22 weeks before I start getting fitted for my dress. 22 weeks to really kick ass. I got on the scale right after my vacation and it read 287.5. Nope, not kidding. That is ridiculous considering that I weighed about 268 right when I moved to Floyd two months ago.

I don't move as much as I did in nyc. I was walking and going up steps almost daily. Here, my daily movement is walking from each room of our small house. Sedentary is my current middle name. I started writing down what I was eating last week and managed to get rid of water weight and this morning the scale read 283. Better, but not at all where I want to be. I refuse to get higher on the scale. I refuse to get back to 290...305...310...315...

Its just not going to happen. I know that holidays are coming up, and that is always something, but I know I can still do better than I have been doing. I haven't been making a real effort to exercise. I'll continue posting my daily food and exercise here on the blog like I was doing before I went on vacation. Right now its simple: eat less, move more. All the other stuff can go to hell. When I say other stuff I mean worrying about eating perfectly all the time, doing the right amount of this or that. I know that I've been using not being perfect as an excuse. As in "oh i didn't' do enough cardio. I shouldn't exercise" or "I didn't eat enough vegetables today. I should eat some cake". That sort of thing is vicious and mind numbing. Right?

I made myself a weigh-in chart that will go back into a goals area with a few current pictures. I decided to take some less-than-flattering pictures today. There is nothing like a brutally honest t-shirt and underwear photo to knock some sense into you. I do a lot of talking around here, talking about plans, making declarations and making plans. I need less talk and more action.

So thats, that. I just did some of my own plus size fashion mixes using my own clothing, so I will have those post up probably tomorrow morning.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


8 Comments:

Blogger bbubblyb said...

I know you can get to where you want to be in 22 weeks. I totally agree it's about just setting loose goals and realizing you don't have to be perfect. Loved the hiking and beach pictures.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

You can do it. Be focused and strong. The hardest part is getting started.

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice blog, and I wish you all the best on your weight loss journey. Remember to set yourself small daily goals. I am interested in health and am written a health blog which considers weight loss. Feel free to have a look.

I shall check out your blog again

6:01 PM  
Blogger Janis Rodgers said...

You can do it! I am definitely with you on eating less and moving more. When I begin to deprive myself of the "bad" foods, I find that I go into complete madwoman mode and eat those foods. If I just eat less of them, then I do much better.

6:04 PM  
Blogger butterfly said...

I love but love your hat & your jacket. Must have.

The key really is eat less move more. It's just hard to remember what order they come in sometimes :P

You're going to do great!

10:55 PM  
Blogger Katie Steed said...

You can do eeet! I love the way you start a diet by taking photos of yourself in your underwear- if only I had the willpower to remove clothing and stand infront of a lens!

Best of luck to you!

5:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came upon your site and i agree with your way of thinking. I also have a blog that deals with the proper maintenance of weight. Ive fallen prey to fad diets my whole life and have now have a different way of thinking about food.
Hopefully we can learn from one another.
I congratulate you on your site, your progress and your determination.
Dave

http://theweightlossrollercoaster.blogspot.com/

3:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Eat less, move more" Keep that in the front of your mind and you will get there. I think sometimes people try to do too much when it comes to weight loss and want to track everything and be super picky. This is great for some people, but for others it's a burden and provides yet another obstacle to overcome. Keep it simple and you will get there.

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

HOME