11/12/2008

Settling In

Oh 80 degree weather, I miss you. We got back from vacation/wedding time yesterday evening and I've spent the day today settling back in. I love the lingering smell of ocean water, sand and hotel rooms in my clothes.

I've spent most of the day catching up on my blog reading, unpacking, organizing, working on to-do lists, and making turkey chili. I'm ready to get back into the swing of things. I've got 22 weeks before my wedding dress is being made and that is 22 weeks for me to lose weight and get into better shape.

Thats the thing about going to the beach, for me at least. I always notice exactly how much I neglect my health and appearance. Wearing a swimsuit seems to highlight all of those insecurities I spend most of my time trying to cover up. It feels nice to have a slight tan right now.

I'm ready to get serious about this. Here we go. See you tomorrow.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the picture you guys look so relaxed. I think I need to take a vacation now. :)

1:52 AM  
Blogger Charlotte said...

Cute pic!
I always take good resolutions when I'm at the beach and realize just the extent of the "damage" LOL.
Good luck for the wedding preparation!
Did you pick a dress already?

3:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the picture!! it has been a while since you posted a new one. and 22 weeks? GIRLFRIEND YOU CAN DO THIS.

lemmie know if I can lend a hand.

if the Bumbling Band can throw any thoughts yer way!

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lorrie,
I've quietly followed your blog for a couple of months and now I want to say hi. And that you seriously rock! I love love love that you're writing about your weight loss experience. You're very inspiring and I look forward to reading more about your success. Also I love that photo of you in your red hat. Too cute.

All the Best,
Amber

9:25 AM  
Blogger AGirlWorthLosing said...

You are beautiful and will be a gorgeous bride no matter what.

However, I believe in you and know you will make the next 22 weeks count! I look forward to seeing your progress.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

Welcome back! Great pics and love the outfit you have on! I'll be right here with you trying to get this weight off!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

your pictures are adorable! I wish you the best of luck with the next 22 weeks (and beyond).

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have inspired because you havent said here is a list of diet pills that work,you admit its a struggle rather then pretend its easy.Well done on being honest and telling it as it is ,not as some sites will make you believe.well done.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Juice said...

Love the new pics! Keep up the good work.

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I commend you on you honesty in your weight loss journey. I myself used to weigh 300 pounds but have at 185 for the last six years, stay strong, and don't give up!

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am gonna try and train for a 5k. I am so scared to try but at least I'll get further now that I have some sort of goal!

Love the new pics!

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

HOME