3/09/2008

8oz. of pure evil

It's day seven of the new diet. I'm calling it the Token Fat Girl diet, in fact, I'm declaring it! Okay, so I can't take credit for a lot of the ideas behind it, but I feel like I gave it a Lorrie twist. We'll see, don't want to get ahead of myself, its only been a week.

Let me just state here and now that I'm a total hypocrite. In fact, a major one. I've been on a high horse about artificial sweeteners for quite some time. And while I think they are horrible, I've had like six mini diet cokes since Friday. I don't want this to be some sort of habit, but the caffeine has been a nice kick lately.

What else? Oh, I had my weekly dessert last night at the local diner. I had a hard time deciding between the German chocolate cake or a chocolate sundae. I went for the sundae with walnuts (you know, for protein.) It even had a cherry on top and it was so very good. I defiantly savored it and I didn't feel the need to gorge myself on chocolate afterwards. I thought for sure this would cause some sort of water-weight gain or some weird reaction with my body and I would be right back up to 283. I was wrong, still 277.

Today I've had almost no hunger or appetite for food. I didn't think it was possible. I woke up, had a mini-diet coke (argh) and then a few strawberries w/ a little whipped cream on top. Not really a balance meal. I worked really hard physically in the apartment today. The purging is still going on, and I'm confident when I say that this process is nearing an end. I actually created an area in the bedroom for creating artwork.

Anyhow, after the strawberries around noon I didn't think about food until about 7pm when Josh offered to take me out to get Indian food for the beginning of my birthday week. I had it all planned out, no naan and no rice. I did have one pakora though and rationalized that it is mostly made of vegetables (insert snicker.) For dinner I had a salad and tandori chicken. It was good and satisfying and I didn't even miss the rice. I'm actually thinking about making my usual chicken tikka masala this week with brown rice. And possibly a whole wheat baked macaroni and cheese.

One more thing, last night at Rite Aid we spotted something called "crave control" spray. I talked Josh into getting it for me, you know, for scientific blog experimentation. I was actually having a small craving after dinner tonight so I sprayed some in my mouth and bam, no cravings! It could all be in my head, but the real test will be during that special time of the month.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


5 Comments:

Blogger Kriss said...

Is it wrong that I'm giggling at your justifications? (The pakora having vegetable stuffed in it & the walnuts on the sundae.)

I do the same thing.

I hope this works for you! It sounds like a balanced meal plan, and it's easy to follow.

BTW - we only eat brown rice, too. It takes a little getting used to......but white rice tastes sticky & pasty to me now.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think it is great that you are modifying it to fit your needs! Good luck and keep us posted!

Wohoo on the loss too!

Jessica

12:17 PM  
Blogger Naya Designs said...

This is such a great blog! Your story is very motivating to me.

I make weight management bracelets that have been very helpful and they have a great name (Skinny Bitch bracelets) :) I would love it if you would take a look!

www.nayadesigns.etsy.com

Take care!
Elena

PS I am totally looking for that Crave Away stuff!

3:41 PM  
Blogger You'd be so pretty if... said...

Every little step counts. Keep up the good work!

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They actually make a crave control spray? HA if only it were that easy?

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

HOME