2/15/2008

little pink hearts

Happy Valentine's Day blog-land. Okay, its technically 18 minutes past Valentine's day. Better late than never I say. I've had a bit of wine this evening which is making it hard to fall asleep.

Before I tell you what I ate today, I want to celebrate a small victory yesterday. I've been feeling very funky lately, which is not uncommon for me. I tend to get into "funks" very easily. Its something I'm working on. Yesterday, tired of my funkiness or un-funkiness I googled "how to get out of a funk" and I found some great articles. Go ahead, give it a try. I'll wait.

The most common advice across the board was "exercise even if you don't want to" and so thats what I did. I didn't want to, but I did. I got in the shower, put on my clothes, asked Josh to go with me. And there we went at 7:30 pm, off to the gym. We did an hour on the treadmill.

It really helped me to get out of my head and out of my funk. The funk is back today, but I've got some wine and dark chocolate for that. Also, another tip for those prone to funks like me: smile. Even if you don't feel like it, just smile and tell yourself that you refuse to feel anything, but happiness.

I had a lovely Valentine's day with the Josh. He picked me up at work and we walked to the nearest French restaurant. Oh, sigh. It was so good:

eggplant and caviar on baguette
champaign
french bread and olive oil
fish soup with garlic spread, cheese and croutons
fillet mignon with truffles and baby vegetables
chocolate molten cake with vanilla icecream
and a little bags of gourmet chocolates to go (which latest about 5 steps out of the restaurant)

We also stopped into the local wine shop on our way home and the lady suggested pinot nior, so we had some of that with dark chocolate, an episode of flight of the concords and then some nice lovin' (not that you wanted to know that part.)

Josh and Saint Valentine you are so good to me.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


7 Comments:

Blogger ashley said...

flight of the conchords! yes! the revolution has begun!

12:47 AM  
Blogger amroache said...

"it's business, it's business time!"

"you know when i'm down to just my socks what time it is. it's business time, that's why they're business socks..."

excuse me, i crack myself up.

nice to meet you, i love your blog.

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I definitely have to battle the funks some times too - I've added a "daily seven" to my getting healthy plan (smiles, hugs, etc) - and putting health and happiness first also helps.

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum, that's quite a tasty-sounding food spread.

And yay for the good lovin'! hee hee

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the pain. Reading your thoughts shows me that I'm not the only one going crazy with this weight loss world. Even now, at 12:30 in the night, a couple glasses of wine and a carton of "carb smart" chocolate ice cream, I'm wondering if I can ever change the way I am...? If the "funk" is the word, I am completely funked. Ofcourse, the wine AND the icecream aren't exactly the most nutritious things I could select for a midnight snack....... I can't help but wonder what the sercret is. Where can I find the motivation?? Kudos to you for your strong passion, and I envy your location(Manhattan). Such a fantastic place. Keep going, and always know that you are not alone, darlin'!

-Crystal
clowe1@fairmontstate.edu

12:30 AM  
Blogger Krissie said...

I have missed you, but I'm back home now!

I'm glad you had such a good Valentine's Day.

How have things been since then?

6:29 PM  
Blogger sweetnes said...

I'm glad you had a great V day! It's also awesome to have such a supportive bf in this weight loss process. Congrats :)

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

HOME