10/21/2008

one up, one down

Let me tell you, the day started out really good food wise, but then it happened: I went to the gym around 1:30 with a little over 350 calories in my system. I wasn't hungry and I just didn't want to exercise with food sloshing around in my stomach.

I got there and did my part b of strength training and when I was finished I needed food. I ate a piece of buffalo jerky offered in the gym store and kept going. I did 45 minutes on the elliptical and then went to the store. I came home and proceeded to eat the rest of my days calories and then some on new groceries.

Now I feel full, bloated and lethargic.

What did I learn?

Eat a decent breakfast. Eat substantial meals, ie: protein and fiber. Do not go to the store hungry. And start having a game plan for meals the day before.

I am happy we went to the gym, its getting easier.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


4 Comments:

Blogger B said...

This happens to me quite frequently. I go through the day thinking I'm doing "good" eating only a few calories. Then after work at 5:30ish or my workout I go overboard.
You are right, having a game plan, and sometimes having a very small snack before working out will help curb your appetite.
I did the same thing on Monday, you are not alone.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Felipa said...

well at least you learned a lesson from it and now you know what not to do. We all have our weaknesses, it's identifing them that's the problem.

5:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love those last three words.

make em your MANTRA FOR TODAY?

6:31 AM  
Blogger bbubblyb said...

I agree with Jenks about identifying our weaknesses. I try to eat at least 2/3rds of my daily calories before I even get home in the evening. It always helps me not go crazy at night but leaves me enough calories for a good dinner and then an evening snack. Also, right before the gym I whip up a protein shake which keeps me full through my workout but doesn't bloat me. I was having trouble with low blood sugar during my workouts and that's fixed with the protein shake too. Looks like you learned several lessons though which is the key. Way to go on 45 mins on the elliptical.

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

HOME