10/15/2008

Sweeter than honey

Am I the only one annoyed and disturbed by these commercials?


I love food commercials (sarcasm) because usually they are trying to dispell some sort of nutritional rumor. First there was beef, then pork, then potatoes, then milk and now its high fructose corn syrup? You've got to be kidding me. Who are they fooling?

I bought a container of potato salad a couple of days ago, something I rarely do, but figured I would measure out portions and enjoy it. Anyhow, I started looking at the ingredients and what do I find? High Fructose Corn Syrup.

And then I started looking around my kitchen. Package of whole wheat buns from wal mart deli: high fructose corn syrup. Its in EVERYTHING. Its like an evil pest that keeps rearing its ugly head.

Anyone else buying into these commercials?

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


6 Comments:

Blogger Krissie said...

I couldn't agree with you more. These commercials make me so angry! Of course, they are produced by the corn folks.

And I'm starting to have similar feelings about some of the product placement on Biggest Loser. You know there's fake stuff in that spray cool whip they pulled out last week.

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so funny! Just the other day, I saw that commercial, and I was like, "Are you KIDDING me?" Obviously, their target demographic was brainless consumers who put cheesy ads above any intelligent thought.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Nash said...

I laughed when I saw this commercial! Advertisers think they are so clever, they can sell us anything.

I also want to meet a real guy who turns down a popcicle (kept perfectly frozen in a picnic basket outside) because of corn syrup.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Just Me said...

Not only are they pushing less than healthy food on less than informed people, but they get the most vacant looking people to portray the people who don't want to eat the corn syrup and the people explaining that its okay to eat aren't using any better reasoning and worse they are acting belittling to someone who just says no they don't want it because of corn syrup.

I personally would love someone to come back with... because I'm allergic to corn you vapid nit! But of course that would be counter to the marketing campaign...

6:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy to see that you are back! missed reading you updates.

3:30 PM  
Blogger B said...

These ads are sad. They pretty tell mothers that it's ok to feed your kids highly processed junk food. It's too bad that the fruit growers of the US don't get together and put ads on the TV saying how good a piece of fruit is for you, that it's high in antioxidants which fight cancer, and is good treat too.

I would like the American Diabetes Association to try and follow these HFCS ads with an ad for diabetic supplies. I'd like the ad to have some little comment on how HFCS changes the way your body's insulin works and raises your blood sugar making you have to use more insulin and worsening your diabetes, and how HFCS doesn't fit anywhere in a diabetic diet.

sorry for the rant. Thanks for posting this, I wasn't aware of these commercials.

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

HOME