10/13/2008

End of the day

This is a quick end of the day post before I crawl into bed and read. Today went pretty well the biggest highlight was the hour and a half I spent at the gym which left me very red in the face.

We started with 30 minutes of strength training and followed with 60 minutes on the elliptical-hello 600 calorie burn!

Two things: I really didn't want to go to the gym, but once in the car there really isn't much getting out of it. And the first 20 minutes on the elliptical was the toughest once I "broke through" so to speak I was able to keep going and going. Anyone else experience this?

Food could have been a lot better. I had leftover lasagna in the fridge calling to me today, I ate it three different times. I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast and then lasagna shortly after. What did I do wrong? Cereal is not filling and does not satisfy hunger, it only makes me want to eat more. It was the special K chocolate. What was I thinking?

Lasagna is a trigger food for me. As is pizza. Leftovers call my name in maddening tones sometimes.

Tomorrow, protein and fiber for breakfast! Will update on how that goes. After the gym I was ravenous, I ate half of a bag of ceasar salad, 1/2 cup potato salad and one slab of lasagna. Oh and three pieces of ham and half of a piece of whole wheat bread. Now I'm loading up on water because of thirst. I'm really full right now.

Going to the gym again tomorrow, see you in the morning!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


4 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

wow an hour and a half at the gym, that's awesome! I get a half an hour to 45 minutes at most, but I'm trying for everyday.

12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep on the lasagne and the pizza for me as well.
not enough protein for me and too often too much processed white (ive not made lasagne w/whole wheat noodles).

happy protein and fiber morning.

6:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. I'm KWH. I wanted to join your blog. I have recently been reading this amazing book by an author named Dr. Linda Bacon. The book is called "Health at Every Size, The surprising truth about your weight". Yeah... it's a mouthful alright, but it's a mouthful of some excellent hard research by an amazing woman who has dedicated her life to the research of diet and weight loss. Dr. Bacon's research, done in connection with U.C Davis, has concluded that we should eat what ever we want, as long as we are doing positive things with our lives. Positive things such as such as getting exercise, eating mainly whole foods and a variety of fruits and vegetables, eating a lot of fiber and tuning into our bodies. Tuning into our bodies by throwing away our scales and letting our bodies determine how we feel about ourselves.

I guess I wanted to share this with you because you sounded like the type of person that would love this book. I'm totally into it.

maybe you could read it too, and we can all talk about it..

bye,
k

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up with the gym, it will make the diet more effective!

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

HOME