7/08/2008

simply breakfast


I want to give a shout out to a blogger that is on my daily to-read list. Simply Breakfast, is exactly what the name implies. Jen lives in Brooklyn, and her breakfasts inspire me. Her blog isn't one for losing weight or anything, its just her breakfast. But, goodness her breakfasts look good and healthful. Seriously, this is the way I image not having food issues looks like. She isn't celebratory about eating good food, or eating this or that. She just seems to enjoy the small moments she creates every morning.


Oh, and her pictures are nice and calming to look at too!

PS: I've got a plus size clothing remix coming this afternoon. I'm just missing one key piece of the clothing puzzle, and its making me sad that simple well-cut plus size items are so hard to find or if I do find them they are $100+ at Nordstrom. Why do clothing makers feel the need to add glitter thread to plaid shirts, or crazy seasonal/holiday appliqués to otherwise decent looking shirts and pants? Its like just because we're fat we suddenly regress to second grade and want to wear jeans with bright pink thread and a matching t-shirt with matching flowers. Yet another reason to get out of plus sizes.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN to your point about the glitter and threads and the second grade (far more funny that I could ever phrase it :))

I have a short friend who used to always lament that jeans which totaly pre-fit her in the inseam were, inevitably, MOM JEANS with PLEAT.

as if short = unfashionable

10:20 AM  
Blogger maresicle said...

"This is what I imagine not having food issues looks like."

You hit the nail on the head with that one! I love her rustic table!!! Now I love my break, but seem to always fall into the rut of eating the same one everyday for a week or so then changing it up.

But this makes me want to find a fabulous napkin and then photograph the bagel, soy bream cheese, onion and tomato that I've eaten 6 days in a row! Maybe I wil ;)

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those breakfasts look great! Thanks for pointing out the site.

11:56 AM  
Blogger NomDePlume40 said...

Or why does everything look like a sack? Why are sleaves so short (even women without a weight problem don't want to share the arm waggle).

4:46 PM  
Blogger ah Teo said...

i simply love this blog too! eversince i came across this, i m pretty inspired to come up with my own blog abt breakfast. u can visit me at http://notafreakingfoodconnoisseur.blogspot.com

Leave your comments if you like...

3:06 AM  

Post a Comment

HOME