7/07/2008

the imperfect blogger

I know I talk about this all of the time, but I love blogs. I really do, have I mentioned that? Seriously, thanks to blogs, the world as I see it has totally changed. Without a daily dose of others opinions, inspiration, motivation, questioning, whatever, I know my life would be totally different.

I first started reading a lot of blogs in college thanks for my internet savvy friend ashley. I realized quickly, how much stuff I was missing out on. I was first drawn in by crafty bloggers, people sharing their creations to the world. The internet allows people do pretty much do anything without formal training or approval. Want to be a journalist, baker, artist, photographer, writer, weight loss success? Why not.

I guess I don't really have much of a point, but I guess that I really like my little spaces of digital real estate. In my last post, I allowed myself to expose the imperfections that go on in my daily life as I lose weight. Thats what this blog is about, right? Sometimes I feel like posting struggles or daily stuff is pointless. But, it really is the point. Weight loss isn't easy, so I hope to make a concerted effort to represent the often gritty, grimy parts of weight loss.

For example, last week I discovered my love and hate for zone bars. I wanted a "nutritional bar" that I could eat when I was hungry, but didn't want a meal. What I later realized was that these candy-like bars contributed to some mad cravings last week. I bought 15 of them before I realized that they were made of high fructose corn syrup. Everyday last week, I felt more and more cravings, this need to eat when I wasn't hungry, I couldn't get satisfied. It was weird, because lately, I've been able to calm all of that. I don't know if I can blame the bars, but I have pretty much cut out all refined sugars in my day to day diet, which has helped greatly decreased my need to keep eating, not to mention clearer skin.

I guess thats not really gritty or grimy, but a struggle non the less. Special thanks to miz fit for keepin' it real and keepin' me real.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you...I think blogs have contributed a lot more to humanity than most people think. Using good, discerning judgment, I think I've found more value in real people espousing real thoughts than large, corporate mass media could ever provide. Hence weight loss blogs such as your own inspiring me to get my act together (and start my own!)

11:28 AM  
Blogger Lyn said...

I agree. Blogs have totally changed my world. I know... for a fact... I would still be morbidly obese if I had never discovered blogging. It keeps me accountable, and there are so many great people out there. I read tons of blogs for motivation. Including yours :)

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would've never guessed it, but I think blogging has really helped to motivate me when it comes to weight loss. It kinda keeps me accountable, and reading all the struggles, hardships, successes, and just day to day living, really keep me going! =)

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

internet superstar! that's how i prefer my title to be. haha.

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there,
Just found your blog and relate a lot. I too find if I am not eating any refined or unnatural sweeteners I feel much better. I do like Larabars, though: just fruit, nuts, and spices!

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

HOME