4/04/2008

Healthy Thursdays: What to do with left over chicken

I had some baked chicken breast left over from last nights dinner and thought I would add it to homemade tomato sauce. This was really good and an easy way to use left over chicken that probably would have been tossed out.

Sauce Ingredients:

1.5 tbs. olive oil (cut back to 1 tbsp. if you prefer)
1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
salt to taste
basil and garlic to your preference
1 tbsp. parmesan cheese

heat oil on medium, add basil and garlic until fragrant. Lower heat, add tomatoes. Simmer for about 10 minutes crushing the tomatoes with a wooden spoon. Stir in parmesan cheese.

While the sauce simmers. Put your chicken breast (cut up a bit) into a food processor and pulsate about 5 times. Add this to your sauce and continue to simmer for about 5 minutes. Serve hot over spaghetti noodles. Add cheese and a dash of hot sauce if you prefer, and congratulate yourself for not wasting chicken.

Enjoy!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*drools at the picture of chicken spaghetti*
Yum. Way to make me hungry!

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, came across your blog. I'd like to follow your journey. I'm trying to lose weight and get healthy too. Your chicken spaghetti looks delicious!
Anyway if you'd like to tag along on my journey, please do!

6:53 PM  
Blogger Lyn said...

That looks really yummy!! I always add some chunks of steamed zucchini and mushrooms to my pasta. Chicken is a great idea to add for protein. Thanks! (p.s. just found your blog, and will be back to read more!)

11:44 AM  
Blogger AL said...

Love love love your blog! I'm going to link to it on my blog if you don't mind!

http://thankyouforthisbootcamp.blogspot.com

Keep up the great work :)
-Allison

5:07 AM  
Blogger TitanThirteen said...

That looks too darn yummy! Where is the recipe of the spinach pie looking things on your side bar? They look really yummy!

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

HOME