6/09/2007

psst

I got on the scale this morning for a pre-weigh in and was so excited to see 273.5 (down three from 276.5) which is my goal for the week. I'll do an official weigh-in tomorrow.
I feel like the kick boxing classes are putting me back on track in a huge way.

We went to our third kick boxing class last night and we were struggling to say the least. There are a few factors to this...one, we didn't have enough to eat before, two, we were tired and most importantly, three, there was a different instructor. She was all about steps and remembering them and then adding more for these sequences. I thought I was training to be a back up dancer for Britney Spears.

Josh was struggling, I was off-beat...it was a sight. She mentioned at the end of the class "today was easy, its usually harder", Josh told me she was being encouraging, I thought she was hinting at "don’t come back until your asses can keep up". I told her we had been taking classes with the other instructor and were able to keep up, she said that that class was just as hard and then I said "yes, but there aren't so many dance steps to remember". Seriously, what do they expect on your first time? I mean it was like 4 punches to the front, then jabs to the side then alternating knee lifts followed with a squat and then a side kick and then a punching bag. I'm just glad we didn't start in her class; we would have stopped long ago. So, now we are looking for a new third class to join.

I will also comment that the whole "taking a break from the scale" didn't really work for me. It made me less accountable, and from April until last week my weight stayed the same. I added strength training, but that was about it. I felt like I was giving myself permission to forget about my goals rather than working towards them while not weighing in.

I can really tell a difference this week with the three extra hours of cardio, in the way I feel and with burning the extra calories. Like I said in the last entry I've had a hard time this week with tracking my points online and fighting off my cravings. I don't think it got as bad as I used to eat, not even close, but I didn't count hardly anything. This week, I will post my food daily here to be more accountable starting today.

I feel really close to the 240's now, which has been a mini-goal of mine since I've started losing weight. It's hard to believe that when I first moved here this past September I weighed 310 (or more, but I wasn't weighing myself often). Right before I moved I lied on my drivers license and put 280 thinking "what’s 20...er, 30 lbs?", and now I weigh less then that. When I did Atkins about three years ago I went from 280 to 240 and went from a size 24 to a size 20.

Lately, I've been feeling a bit confused about my direction and what I should be doing here in New York. I also feel like I need to be doing more, or working towards more. It’s like this unrelenting need to do and fix everything about myself. But, I'm trying to remind myself that this is a time in my life to get healthy and I know that slowly doing that alone will help everything else fall into place as far as my personality, appearance and health.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


13 Comments:

Blogger Krissie said...

Yay scales!

I had to laugh about the punches, jabs, squats, repeat from the beginning then the middle, then punch...BLECH! I did the intro TaeBo video once and then gave it to my roommate. I just don't have a coordinated bone in my body.

I'm the same I was in April as well, but I've paid a crap load to Weight Watchers along the way. That happens. It's my fault, not theirs.

If health is your priority right now, follow that! So many others put career, money, tv before our health. You know what you want! Focus and get it!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

I just read through a bunch of your posts! You're doign so well!! I'll keep reading! - Cat

9:09 PM  
Blogger Kriss said...

That instructor sounds like a Class A Beyotch. You're doing so good!!

8:27 AM  
Blogger Krissie said...

I hope you had a great weekend! It was great getting to know you in emails!
You are also very lucky...You won my contest! Email me your address and I'll get the cds out to you before the end of the week!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Aimee said...

Congrats on your weight loss! I remember doing kick boxing classes back when I was 100 pounds lighter (before I gained all of my weight back). I loved it and looked forward to it each week. In the beginning, I had trouble learning the steps, but I was stubborn and kept going back for more abuse. It's funny because I started off in the back of the class and every few weeks I'd move up a row. :) I'd probably die now if I tried it. LOL! Luckily I had a cool instructor. That instructor you had sounds a bit on the crazy side. LOL!

8:09 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Wow you are doing brilliantly - I bet you were every bit as good as Britney's backing dancers.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Krissie-
It was pretty hilarious and a lot like Tae Bo except Billy is much more patient than the Friday night instructor. oh well, weight watchers has a way of sucking us all in (me included, as I just paid 65$ for the three month online service that im having a hard time using) I think my gym membership has been the better investment.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cat- Thank you for reading and introducing me to a new blog. Take care!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

kriss- I wouldnt go as far as calling her a bitch, I'm pretty much over it and would like to try her class again for the challenge. Hope everything is calming down and doing well in your house hold

11:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

aimee- I'm finding that being stubborn really is the key. During the class I'm tired and sweating like mad but I just keep saying "go go go" in my head and before I know it is been 55 minutes and I feel 100% better. The Monday and Tuesday night instructor is really great, the Friday night one was the hard one :)

11:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

glossy- thank you so much! I wont be putting back of dancer on my resume any time soon...I am thinking about taking the power dance class soon though, we'll see. Take care of yourself...

11:58 AM  
Blogger Lily T said...

Ugh! I went to a step aerobics class with an instructor you had. She acted as if I didn’t belong there, so I left.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Krissie said...

I nominated you for the thinking Blogger's Award! Check my latest post for details.
Hope you had a great day!

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

HOME