12/12/2008

Daily Objective: celebrate life

I was going to write today about morning exercise and food organization, but neither one would be accurate to what I am doing today. Today we are driving an hour to our favorite Indian restaurant for lunch, and then going to the new museum in Roanoke and then to the movies. All in the name of our one year engagement anniversary.

I don't have a lot to say on the subject other than its nice to take time to appreciate what is going on in our lives. To go out of our way to do things for other people or to just reflect on the good stuff. Sometimes a long journey to weight loss can be very self-involved leaving little time or thought to everyone else in the world.

This morning I was taking time for a nice hot shower and I felt instantly grateful that I have the luxury of a hot shower, a gym membership and the option to eat less.

Today I am challenging myself (and you!) to celebrate all that is positive in my life, the stuff that I'm doing right.

Instead of focusing on where I'm not, I'm focusing on where I am.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


10 Comments:

Blogger Juice said...

Great post - sounds like you are in a really positive place. I hope you enjoy the day and celebrate your special occasion!

I love Indian food too! I got in trouble yesterday because the buffet had this delicious carrot dessert. Sounds gross but oh-so-good!

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey... I've been MIA for a while, but I was just catching up, and I wanted to tell you I LOVE your new picture!! You look fabulous!!!!! =)

And great post by the way Soooo true!!! =)

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you. I think that it's important when we remember to focus on the positive. Focusing on health rather than losing pounds...losing pounds is negative right? Gaining health is positive! That's such an important reminder, and we are so bombarded with negatives from the media. I did Overeaters Anonymous for a long time and there was a part about making gratitude lists and I really liked that.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Such a positive message. Challenge accepted!

2:43 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

This is so true! Thank you for posting. It's easy to forget how truly blessed we are sometimes.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Yeah, the weight loss journey is very self- involved. I know my husband feels like it is all about me most of the time.

It is amazing to stop and realize what is good in life. I know showing appreciation for my husband and our life makes me feel so much more complete.

Thanks for the thoughts on life today!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Hanlie said...

Very well said! Hope you enjoyed the Indian food... it's our favorite.

1:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your engagement anniversary.

Another inspiring post.

Thank you for your insight.

oxo -

2:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think you are a great role model for others with your positive outlook and honesty. I am happy that you are doing so well and wish you continued success in all you want to achieve!

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very good advice!

Be well!

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

HOME