1/03/2008

Comfort Food and Blog Events

I've been a little obsessive with perfecting this recipe, and every time it gets better. This meal is serious comfort food for someone who loves mashed potatoes and gravy drenched meat. That sounds horrible, but I am (sorta) from the south. Anyhow, I know I've posted about this before, but I finally got a decent picture of it that doesn't look like a mass of gravy on a plate. Yum. What should I call this? It reminds me a lot of baked steak, except with chicken and honestly it is so much better! Please try this and let me know if you do. I begged my mom to make it this weekend to see if she loves it as much as I (we, even Josh likes it) do.

I read a lot of blogs with various topics: home decor, crafting, politics, weight loss and food. The food blogs are really interesting to me (of course) and I find that the creation of food and then taking a nice photo of it is really addictive. Not sure exactly why. But, a lot of the food bloggers create blog events where on certain days of the week they blog about the same subject like "magazine recipe Monday" or "sweet Fridays." And I thought it would be cool to create a food event with weight loss bloggers. Creating healthy alternatives to otherwise unhealthy foods and putting new (healthy) spins on old recipes.

So, here it is...I declare: Creative in the Kitchen: Healthy Thursdays!
Every Thursday I will post a recipe (like today) of a meal of my own invention or by putting a new and healthy spin on a existing recipe along with a photograph and points/nutritional information. For those that are participating send me an email (tokenfatgirl@gmail.com) or leave me a comment and I will post your photo and a link to your blog in my entry.





How exciting is this? It's like a virtual pot luck!


PS: 5 Points per pattie

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


6 Comments:

Blogger FAT BRIDESMAID said...

I love this idea.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Krissie said...

This looks SO GOOD! I'll definitely have to try these.

I just realized that I haven't been putting points values on my recipes for this week. I'll have to do that.

And I'll send you an exclusive next week!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Shar said...

That's fun Lorrie - I'll remember to check in on Thursdays! BTW I heart curries too and have recently moved to bahrain where there is a huge Indian/SriLanken expat pop. Curries everywhere! Had a glut of them over the hols but now have to get serious :-( Shar

2:56 AM  
Blogger sweetnes said...

I love this idea and I'm going to have to try it soon (ie next week when I can make up something to cook).

12:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Le Butterfly said...

Great I idea. I have actually been looking for a virtually blog party that speaks to me. I think I may have found it.

See on Thursday.

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

HOME