12/15/2008

out of the house

Hey guess what? I'm at the library right now! I'm trying my hand at doing my work outside of the house a couple of days a week to see how I like it. Working from home can be really lonely and distracting at times. My only complaint is the lack of outlets for those using laptops. Plus, I wore my gym clothes so I can get a workout in while I'm out.

I have a lot that I want to ramble about today, so there isn't a specific daily objective.

First, I need to set some goals. I know I talked about not having a date to lose weight by and thats not really what I mean. I need to set some goals to aim for because right now while I'm doing o-kay I could be doing a lot better. I know my main goal is to lose weight, but I want to be more specific and organized about my efforts.

I watched old episodes of The Biggest Loser last night and man that it was inspiring. Every time after I watch the show I want to go running and screaming down the street and have people cheer for me every time I lose weight. I know its not deemed healthy to lose that much weight alone, but they make it look so tempting.

I really loved when they showed the contestants their progress after three months at the weight loss campus. One girl improved her insulin, one guy was taken off of his blood pressure medicine and the other guy lowed his cholesterol by over 100 points. It really shows how hard our bodies work when we are overweight.

I have to go to the dentist tomorrow to take care of a filling that has fallen out of my tooth. Not looking forward to that. I had the filling put in, in Brooklyn over a year ago and it never felt right.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


6 Comments:

Blogger purple_moonflower said...

I have also been thinking a lot about setting goals, not necessarily specific weight goals, but things that I want to accomplish physically.

I want to be able to do push ups, where I don't have to bend my knews. I want to be able to do pull-ups, instead of hanging there. I want to be able to run with by daughter on my back without feeling like I am going to kill over. Those are the types of things I want to accomplish.

I do want to wear a size 14 jeans. I am not sure what weight goal I would have to meet to accomplish that, because I don't really remember being a size 14 (it may have been Jr. High?).

I look forward to those things more than having a "normal" BMI. You got to find somethings that you want to do, that right now are harder to accomplish because of your weight. Those are the types of things that I look forward to doing, not necessarily the number I see on the scale.

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to know I'm not the only person who struggles. Seems effortless for so many people to be slim.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Roder said...

We're out here, cheering for your success right now Lorrie.

I've found that having nice 5lb goals has kept me constantly motivated. Five pounds is easy - that's two, sometimes three weeks at the most. Easy to stay in the game.

I started at 335, so every time I lose five pounds, one of two things happen - I'm either breaking into a new "weight decade", ie, from 335 to 329.9 puts me into the 20s and not the 30s, which is fantastic. And when I went from 329.9 to 324.9? Then I'd lost 10 pounds overall and have a nice new round number to hang my hat on.

I just cleared fifty pounds lost, and am now working on getting out of the 280s and into the 270s. Just over two pounds to go - easy!

7:56 PM  
Blogger Hanlie said...

Yes, I also have to start thinking about my goals for 2009. I also won't hazard a scale number, but rather concentrate on my performance.

12:17 AM  
Blogger Heather Waghelstein said...

Rah Rah, Go Lorrie, Go Lorrie it's your birthday!

I agree with purple_moonflower, I focused on what I could do when I lost weight ie. cross my legs under a desk, climb rocks, run with my dog not numbers.

I liked your post about celebrating the good things. That's what keeps me going.

I pimped a post of yours on my blog. Thank for the great inspiration, Lorrie.

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the library. I work from the library all of the time!

I am with you in the goal setting thing. What's that saying, "If you don't know where you are going, you'll never get there."

Keep going girl!

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

HOME