4/08/2008

Quick challenge update

The challenge is going really well. You can visit us at www.muffintoes.com if you're interested. It gets updated at least 3-5 times a day.

In more recent exercise news I've discovered dance dance revolution. I really like the customizable workout programs where you can set calories burned. I set it recently to burn 400 calories, and I wonder if I really did? I guess I'll never know, but I've been reading a lot of stories about people who have lost weight playing this game. I woke up the next day after playing it and I felt very sore all over, especially in my arms. It felt as though I did hours of intense weight lifting the day before.

I have a hard time equating this as "real" exercise, even though it is face paced movement. I guess I'm in the mind set that exercise has to be hard and not fun. I'm going to the gym today at 4:30. I have it written down and scheduled in. I am working on time management, which I know is something I talk a lot about. I guess I just sort of suddenly and alarmingly realized that time is going by a lot faster than I'd like and in a few short months I will be moving and self-employed. And then a few months after that I will be getting married. I have no idea where my path will lead me, but I am defiantly trying to figure out how to prepare for all of this now, while trying to lose weight and working 40 hours a week. I'm working on a motivational poster right now, something to hang up as a reminder that this is what I'm doing and why I'm doing it. A visual of my goals.

Anyhow, I made some really great greek turkey burgers last night that I will post the recipe for this evening. I need to make my blogging rounds today and visit some new bloggers that have been popping by lately.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


2 Comments:

Blogger Zayna said...

Hi, I'm Zayna. I like your blog and wish you luck with your weight loss.

Dancing is great exercise...although I have never tried Dance, Dance Revolution.

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I am as well trying to lose weight and have a ddr game as well. But the only issue is that I can set my profile to the weight I am and everything, but it doesn't seem to count ANY burned calories. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

HOME