11/22/2007

Happy Thanksgiving

I thought I'd write a quick post this morning while I prepare for my Thanksgiving feast. My first turkey finished cooking around 6am this morning, not sure why I thought a 14 lb. turkey would be a good size for two people! I had a small taste and its actually pretty good.

Update on weight watchers round two: I'm in week four and I've lost 1.8 every week for the last three weeks. 1.8, every time. What are the chances? Anyway, I'm watching my home scale go down a lot this week due to a nasty cold. What is it about sickness that brings on weight loss? I can't say its less food, in fact maybe even more than usual as my appetite has increased, not including all of the orange juice I've been drinking. I hope I don't blow that today. Stop when full, stop when full.

I've been feeling a bit manic about my health lately which is going to prompt me into going to a much dreaded doctors appointment soon. I've become a bit of a hypochondriac and every time I hear of someone dying or getting illness it puts my imagination into full swing. I admit the craziness of it, but there are times that I'm convinced that my body is harboring cancerous cells waiting to attack, or possibly I've contracted any other illness of some sort. I'm long due for a check up and I'd like to put my mind at ease. Sometimes I feel like Bob from the comedy "What about Bob?" he believed that if he feared diseases and pretended to have them it would prevent them from actually happening. Oh, God. I'm relating to fictional crazy people now.

I've decided to live 2008 as the year of no fear. Going to the doctor and heading off any denial is a huge part of this, though will probably go before the New Year.

Anyhow, Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy friends, family and yes food.

Labels: , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, sweetpea!!

And congratulations on the continual losses - you're doing fabulous!

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy thanks giving. i'm so glad its over.

11:41 PM  
Blogger Shar said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. I had every disease known to [wo]mankind when I was pregnant and still now have a tendancy...my latest was skin cancer. It was so reassuring to have the negative results back :-)

Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Naturally Blessed said...

hope your trukey feast was an excelelnt one and that you enjoyed it.

i frequented the dessert table much too much this year. lol....hey, live and learn. i will do better next holiday feast.

hope that dr appt has gone well too. i avoided the dr for a awhile and had myself convinced that i was diabetic and infertile.

i am neither....

i understand the hypochondriac tendencies....

Blessings!

4:23 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

I LOVE your "year of no fear" slogan! That phrase can be so deconstructed, but even at face value it's very meaningful. I hope you don't mind if I borrow that (I promise to give credit for it!) Good luck with the doctor's appt. I hope you are in tip top shape and you get a clean bill of health. I would love to hope for you to not get a bill too, but we both know that's not going to happen!

8:08 AM  
Blogger Lily T said...

I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving and feeling better. I also sometimes get hypochondriac-y. I just would hate to ignore something and regret it later.

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling well and ready to tackle the next round of holiday treats. I can me my own worst enemy, I love to bake and it gets really tough to remember portion control. lol.. Good Luck to all!

5:34 PM  
Blogger BlondeJustice said...

Where oh where have you gone? We need you inspiration through the holidays! :)

9:05 AM  
Blogger nd said...

Happy thanksgiving...
keep fit always..

nd
http://burnthatfat-weightlossblog.blogspot.com/

2:02 PM  
Blogger Krissie said...

I miss you!

Going home for Christmas?

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

HOME