11/07/2007

Coffee: The Discovery

Today, I decided to give coffee a chance. I paid about 50 cents for a small coffee with skim milk and I have to say it gave me exactly what I was looking for: a perk. I know a few coffee devotees, but I never really got what the big deal was until today.

The High:
My food cravings went away
My appetite decreased
I felt positive and upbeat
I was creative and productive
My fears and ambitions that usually keep me down went away
I was more confident
I had more energy

It defiantly stimulated me and now I get it, I'm hooked. Shamefully enough.

The Lows:
Upset stomach (I had too much, will limit myself to one cup a day)
The positive effects did dwindle down, but I felt like the mental boost and positive thoughts were enough to make me push myself past old/lazy habits when the coffee boost wore away.

I hope you'll forgive me for advocating a drug on my blog.

Cheers to coffee! (for now at least)

Labels:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


6 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

mmm I am severly addicted to coffee, lol!

About the stomach thing, that happens to me but it actually keeps me regular. You may also try drinking coffee vs espress of vice versa. They are different and have different reactions on the stomach.

9:34 PM  
Blogger FAT BRIDESMAID said...

Starbucks is my middle name. Welcome to the coffee-lovin' world.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Lily T said...

Wished I can drink coffee. In undergrad I tried to take it up and even when 90% of the drink was milk, I felt like hurling (although, I’m not a big fan of milk either). I had to take caffeine pills to keep alert. Now THAT’S a DRUG.

If you’re just getting into caffeinated beverages, maybe you should look into tea. I think tea is better for you, especially the hardcore teas such as green and black.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Honi said...

okay I am going against the grain here.. Coffee is great especially in the cooler weather.. However, coffee being a stimulant can also increase your appetite...My nutritionist informed me of this.. so I tend to watch caffeine intake... just a thought.. I may have a half a cup a day if that much.. ..but glad it gave u that extra boost

5:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Alas, coffee does nothing for me in the way of stimulation/perk-uppage. :-( In fact, caffeine altogether does nothing for me. I only drink coffee for the flavour; I have it at the very most once a week - many weeks, not even that.

I like the flavour and taste of coffee - and I think it goes wonderfully with chocolate, so I like mocha cakes, ice-cream, cheesecakes and that sort of thing. But for me, there isn't any difference in immediate energy :-( Damn!

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay away from the cappaccino's. You'll become an addict faster than the blink of an eye.

(However, the McDonald's English Toffee ones have turned me into a junkie, and for $1.85 for a large one, I can't complain too much.)

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

HOME