4/10/2007

Where I belong?

I made it back from WV in one piece and realized what a giant baby I was being about riding in a plane. It wasn’t really that big of a deal and it never is. Someone please slap me if I ever start complaining again about flying.

My trip was nice, I didn’t count points while I was gone and I had my fair share of Easter and restaurant foods. I did exercise once on Saturday, I danced to the music stations in my parent’s living room for about an hour. It was more like weird aerobics that seemed to scare the cat.

I didn’t think I would miss New York while I was gone, but it’s hard going from one lifestyle to another especially when they are so different from one another. There are things that make me sad about how I used to live in WV…the lack of exercise or movement of any type, finding the closest parking spot to the store, the boredom eating, driving everywhere, no sidewalks, chain restaurants everywhere and just a lack of care about how this lifestyle affects ones health, life and appearance. It’s hard to go back and see that this is how I was and still struggle not to be.

So, I have picked up where I left off and I hope to have more positive entries and more exciting things to say.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


5 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

welcome back ;)

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it hard to go home sometimes (I'm from Ireland, but live in London), and I find that when I go home I revert to the 18-year old moody teenager I was when I left - completely conforming to what my parents expect me to be, and how they expect me to act. Away from home I am pretty confident, articulate, even funny on occasion, yet the moment I walk back through the door of my parents house, I transform into the quiet, introverted, bookish girl they expect. It can be tough having two lives like this, but for me its getting better with time (slowly!) as my 'now' persona emerges at home too. Given that I turned 30 this year, its about time, so you are way ahead of me in gaining these insights at 24. Eventually your true self will shine through now matter where you are. (sorry for the long, rambling comment - hit a nerve there somewhere!)

10:50 PM  
Blogger Lily T said...

Are you going to be living with your parents? I find living with parents to be especially stressful.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Glad to hear that your trip went well!

I felt the same way. I was living in Seattle, but came back to Indiana to visit family & I could really see how the 2 different areas looked at health & fitness REALLY differently. I am now living in Indiana, but still keeping my focus on a healthy lifestyle.

Keep up the good work!

2:44 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

we are needing more posts from you/// '_

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

HOME