4/01/2007

End of the month weigh-in



Aside from the snazzy sock choice of this morning, I am happy to post that I am .5 away from this month’s goal. I'm shocked that I came this close to my goal this week. Shocked and so very happy. I haven't seen the 270's for a very long time. Possibly since my post-Atkins weight gaining days.

There are a few small changes that I made this week, but I did not feel deprived in the least. If you will look at Tuesday, I had two large chocolate chip cookies, but I also did not eat out for lunch or dinner until the Japanese I had yesterday. I also ate fewer of my calories/points for breakfast and lunch leaving the bulk of my points for after work.

I had bagels, real butter, and potatoes this week all within moderation and keeping within my points for the day. Aside from my pizza blunders of past weeks sometimes my co-workers will see me eat things like bagels and ask "should you be eating that?" and I think my answer is, "why not, on occasion if it fits into my points?" I guess I feel like I've come along way from feeling that the only way to lose weight is to sacrifice and suffer. Yogurt, lettuce, apples etc. were the only foods allowed when trying to lose weight. That idea only made me eat more in the long run. I felt like I had to be all into it or I would never lose weight.

I would starve, force and sacrifice until I had enough and gave up. I would do this over and over again never losing weight.

I don't have all of the answers and I'm sure my opinions will change as I learn more, but I feel good that I'm here and I really look forward to the coming months.

On another note, remember my post about the 15-20 lb jeans? Well, to be honest I have a small stash of clothes that once fit or had hope to one day fit. I decided to rummage in it yesterday morning and found another pair of jeans that I bought over a year ago. These were not 15-20lb jeans they had never been worn, but I just couldn't part with them. They were so tight at the time, I had severe muffin top. I decided to try them on yesterday on a lark thinking "if they still don't fit, thats okay", because I knew how bad they didn't fit the last time I tried to squeeze into them. To my surprise and shock, they fit perfectly! I wore them all day yesterday. I kept saying to josh "but, you don't understand! I have new jeans now, they fit!".

All of this makes my flying anxiety disappear a little bit. I will be flying on Thursday and feel like I don't have to worry so much about my rear end not fitting into the seats. I'll post how that goes when I arrive in West Virginia.

And on the final note, we joined the New York Sports Club yesterday. I am looking forward to having a place to work out whenever I want to. I imagine that my weight loss results will be even greater when I start adding more exercise.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations angel face!

4:44 PM  
Blogger FAT BRIDESMAID said...

TERRIFIC! Big hugs!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh I love those socks, Lorrie! :-D

Congratulations on a fantastic weigh in, and even more congratulations towards your fantastic moderation. What a way to enjoy the food you love, not feel deprived, and still achieve results. WICKED! You rock!

I'm flabbergasted that your work colleagues would have the gall to say that to you - the only people who say that sort of thing to me are my family - I would probably say something like, "Aren't you paid to do things other than analysing my meals?"

And WOW to the jeans! What a fantastic weigh in post this has been, you have achieved so much :-D

7:43 PM  
Blogger Lily T said...

Ugh! I had a co-worker that loved to make comments like the one your co-worker made. It always pissed me off and made me want to eat more “junk” (that’s what she called it). If I ever end up working with her again, I will say, “You’re not my mother!”

Anyways. Yay for new jeans!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Red said...

Awesome! New numbers on the scale and new jeans. Way to go, Lorrie!

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unless you're trying to lose a fast five pounds for a special event, a diet has to be something you can live with. If you can eat a bagel without it starting a feeding frenzy, enjoy your bagel. It's nice of your coworkers to care, but it's not their job to police your eating habits.

Congrats on the new jeans.

D

12:21 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

That is AWESOME! I LOVE new clothes in smaller sizes, but I think I LOVE old clothes in smaller sizes (worn or not) even better!

9:35 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Brilliant post as usual.
Well done on your weigh in. Your co-workers make me laugh as long as you are in your points you CAN eat the bagel and anyway it is none of their business!!

4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

HOME