1/29/2008

A new appreciation for food

I am becoming more and more in love with food, but more in a respectful way than an unhealthy glutonous way. I never thought that the exact thing that I've abused, could actually heal me. Does that make sense? Learning about food- it's flavors, textures, and combinations, I want to savor it. Not hord it. I don't want cheap thrills like burgers or fries. Although those can be nice if made well. But fast and processed foods are slowly becoming less enticing. I'm drawn into care and creativity and nutrition more and more. I still crave foods, but each day I see the importants of balancing it all out. I want to create foods that are natural and close to the earth. Im starting to realize that my obsession with food, was not out of love or curiosity. It was ignorance. I thank new york for helping me to appreciate food, in the best possible ways.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


4 Comments:

Blogger sweetnes said...

I'm discovering the same things as I start to get more creative with my healthy foods/ingredients.

If I haven't introduced myself already, I'm sweetnes, I'm 26, and I'm fat. I'm in this weight loss struggle with you and my blog is at topmodeldoc.wordpress.com. Thank you for writing - You are simply inspirational.

10:48 PM  
Blogger Krissie said...

I am where you are. The more time I spend making my food pretty for the picture makes me realize how I am eating not only what is better for me but also what tastes better.

I started "In Defense of Food" (don't remember who wrote it) last night. I'll let you know if it's a good read.

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Now you can become more of a gourmet when it comes to food. I've experienced the same thing, you appriciate the food in another way, in a more fine tuned way so to speak...

JayEe
www.thebmicalculator.com

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! You are on a great path. A love affair with food can be marvelous if the focus is healthy food. Why does it take us so much to realize that? I fought it for so long, but it's just true.

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

HOME