3/07/2007

low energy

It's snowing in New York today, which means I'm at work freezing because we do not have heat. I missed work yesterday due to sickness which I've had since last Friday. It's not quite the flu, but its zapping me of all of my energy.

Needless to say I am feeling a bit sloth-like at the moment. I spent my time off yesterday doing...? I can't even remember. I watched four episodes of an old teen drama called Popular from the WB, which has sucked me in. I need to spend some time working on getting out of my dreary winter sloth-mode, that I seem to be stuck in. The weather is making me want to nest and eat...and watch teen dramas.

I hope you enjoyed my audition tape, I look like a Marshmellow eh? Those arms! The size of Texas!

Moving along, I saw this idea on Spark People recently about making a weight loss scrap book. I'm not really into that whole scrap book trend, but I thought it could be fun. This lady said she put pictures of herself as she loses weight, quotes and mesages to herself about why she is losing weight. She mentioned bringing it to work with her so when she felt tempted around lunch time to eat grease she would glance at her book and it kept her mentally in tuned with her goals. I kind of like this idea of creating something personal like this to have around. I think working on it is positive mentally and also inforces goals on a daily basis.

I love notebooks and I like the idea of organizing weight loss tips, progress and inspiration in one handy little place. Perhaps I will start one today!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hahahah, I see nothing wrong with looking like a Marshmallow at all ;-)

I loved your audition tape, Lorrie! I thought it was awesome, it was great to see you in full swing :-D

I like the idea of a notebook/scrapbook - but for it to work for me, it would have to be digital. And online. And other people could read it too. Hmm. I guess it would have to be a blog! I do the same thing as her, I look through archives of where I've made progress and it helps me to stay on track - just on the web instead :-D

4:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with marshmallow, this blog is your journal!

2:59 PM  
Blogger FAT BRIDESMAID said...

No new posts?...where'd you go?

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey... i just stumbled across your blog. i'm on sparkpeople too... my name's breakway on there. anyway, i have been reading your posts and they are really interesting. you're very honest and a lot of the things you say ring true with me. i'll definitely keep watching this blog. :)

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

HOME