4/20/2008

I can't believe it!


Hello! Its me! Guess what?

You might not believe it.

I exercised every day last week. 6 days in a row. I went to the gym when I was tired, feeling lazy, or just simply didn't want to go. It was apart of my challenge (www.muffintoes.com) goal this past week. In order to get points, I had to work out every day. No matter what.
And I did it! Everyday that I went into the gym I seemed to expect some sort of ticker tape parade or the gym attendents to break out in song and dance that I was there again and again and again.

It didn't happen, but I'm giving myself a pat on the back for it. I wasn't motivated to go, but I was driven to go. I didn't give myself another alternative. I'm taking the day off today, but I'm headed into another week of gym days, no matter what. I was doing 40-60 minutes of cardio + strength training every couple of days.

So, this week I'm going to go to the gym+not eat out at all. I like setting week-long goals, of things I can't do or have to do no matter what. It's like playing that game when I was a kid with the balloon, you know, the one where you could not let the balloon hit the ground or you would just absolutely die! Okay, its not that intense, but its like I these rules and guidelines are helping me. Sort of how when I do some weird diet I'm driven just because there are foods I can't eat.

My weight goal is to be back down to 273 by May 2nd. Lately I've been depending the scale less, but I know I go back and forth between 277 and 281. I've calculated that if I lose 11lbs a month until Feb. 10th, I could be at 168 lbs. I can picture this, I really want to make this happen!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


3 Comments:

Blogger Zayna said...

Hey, way to go! There is no better feeling than sticking to your exercise routine. You feel like you can conquer the world.

I'm inspired!

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is awesome Lorrie. Creating a habit like that (even when you really didn't want to do it) is so good.

How are you going this week?

1:25 AM  
Blogger Scrappy Girl said...

Wow! Exercising every day is amazing! I am trying to lose also. My goal is to lose 50 pounds by May 23rd. I have lost 37.5 so far! Congrats on your achievements.

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

HOME