4/21/2008

banana nut smoothie

I love it when food is both delicious and easy to make. This smoothie is so nice in the morning. Really, truly delicious. I just had this, and I might be glowing.

You change the ingredients around to suit your taste.

Banana nut smoothie:

1 large banana (or two small)
1 tsp. cinnamon
8-10 walnut halves
4-6 ice cubes
4 oz. low fat vanilla yogurt

Blend or process until smooth.

How easy is that? Its kind of thick, but if you want to thin it out add some skim milk. Also, for a nutrition boost add a tablespoon of ground flax seeds. You could also use pumpkin puree instead of bananas.

Nutrition:
350 calories
15 fat (mostly from walnuts)
4 fiber
7.5 grams protein

7.5 points

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That does look yummy!

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks so good!

Thanks for sharing the recipe:)

1:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good-looking smoothie, and healthy too. Very cool. This post and also the prior post on exercise are related to what I'm writing about at Diamond-Cut Life . . . for more encouragement see my post The Very Best Diet at http://alison97215.wordpress.com/2008/04/11/the-very-best-diet/
best wishes,
Alison in Portland, Oregon

12:39 PM  
Blogger FAT BRIDESMAID said...

YUM!

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, please.

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks delicious. I love smoothies, and this one would be great for those old bananas that sometimes get thrown out!! Thanks!

8:18 PM  
Blogger Fit By 2009 said...

I thought this recipe was so awesome I put it on my blog! :)

I'm going to cut the amount of walnuts in half and add a scoop of protein powder.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Fit By 2009 said...

I thought this recipe was so awesome I put it on my blog! :)

I'm going to cut the amount of walnuts in half and add a scoop of protein powder.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

HOME