2/22/2008

New energy

I got the day off from work (hoorah) due to the first snow storm of the year. I'm taking this day to figure out a game plan. As in, what the hell do I need to do to achieve my goals? I already know the answers, I need a plan of action. A no-fail zone. And then, most importantly I need action.

Today I am cleaning out the apartment in hopes to renew the energy around here. I hoard things, and its sad. I just went through one of about 3 (or four) huge stacks of magazines. I'm getting rid of anything I do not use, or wear or do not absolutely love or need. Bulky beaded necklaces from two years ago? out. excessive magazine hoarding? out. clothes that are either too big, too small or I do not wear? out. horrible 70's thrift store finds from college? out. ugly fabric I will never sew with? out.

Wish me luck! See you tomorrow.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


3 Comments:

Blogger Kelley said...

Hi there. Came to your blog via a "weight loss blog" search. I too am on a journey toward health. I have lost 54 pounds in 11 months and have about 40 more to go. I realize that seems slow, but I'm not doing a big weight loss program. I'm simply changing the way I eat and the way I think about food. It's slow, but hopefully I will stay motivated to have this be a lifestyle change not a diet. Skip over to my blog and have a read of some of the things that are working for me. I enjoyed going back over your blog and seeing your victories and your struggles. Gaining weight seems to be a individual sport while losing it requires a team effort. Congrads on your accomplishments and I'll be praying for your additional success and mine!

4:15 PM  
Blogger sweetnes said...

Good luck with the purge!

4:09 PM  
Blogger Krissie said...

I am a magazine hoarder as well. Someday I will be a runner and I'll need two years of Runners World! Someday I'll actually try a recipe from a 2004 issue of Southern Living.

Sigh.

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

HOME