4/03/2007

California Rolls and Gym Rats

There is something that happens when you eat a really good and fresh California roll. Something I will call addiction. I can't stop thinking about them, how did they know that the flavors would harmonize when combined?

So I assume that these will be a part of my regular eating habits. If I'm going to be addicted to a food other than chocolate, it might as well be California rolls, right?

Last night was my first adventure into the New York Sports Club. As we were walking up the three flights of stairs to get in I mumbled to Josh "so, when we go, just keep moving we don't want to look like chickens with their heads cut off, we want to look like we know what we are doing...they will come over to us if we act otherwise".

I have about a million gym related fears. One of them includes an instructor telling me that I'm on the machine backwards or upside down. Which is possible, right? Or falling off of a treadmill. Treadmills and elliptical machines scare they hell out of me. The fast movement combined with a panicking need to get off gracefully. I typically stick with the stationary bike. And that's what I did.

I managed and I'm even thinking about getting over my fear of group classes and joining in on one this week.

There is another part of exercise that is really great for the grumpy at heart such as myself. After my workout last night, I was really happy. Happy about life and other things the normally get me down. I was strangely optimistic... smiling, high and happy. But, don't worry, I've returned to my normal self again this morning. I do look forward to feeling the workout high again.

And on a final note, if you love the combination of chocolate and coconut as much as I do, please avoid the new Coconut Cream Hershey Kisses if your co-worker brings them in...I ate about 9 of them yesterday.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that exercise high - full of the 'feel-good' endorphins!! Plus it makes you want to go back for more......

2:50 PM  
Blogger Lily T said...

You should totally try a group class. I totally love them!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

I never thought I would love going to the gym... but I really do! I have yet to do a group exercise class, but I too, am thinking about it.

Also... I LOVE the elliptical machine. Real easy on the joints & good cardio! I still have to lose some more weight, so that the treadmill isn't as hard on my joints.

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

HOME