3/26/2007

The beat goes on

Thanks to everyone for the kind input on my last post.

Right now I'm struggling with energy and not just physical energy, but emotional energy. I don't want to use this blog as an outlet for negative energy, but positive. Writing in this blog helps me to figure things out by writing how I feel.

Before I go on I wanted to send out congratulations to a few blogs that I read (and can be found on the right hand side of this blog under "Inspiring Links")

-A Fat Brides Maid, for making the decision to start the south beach diet and her entry into the 280's! Cheers to her success now and into the future!

-Marshmallow (I always want to type "marshmellow") at Do you have an extra large in this? For her recent gym and weight loss success!

-Reducing Redhead- Happy Birthday!

-Krissi (Zookins)- For her recent 12.5 pounds lost in two weeks! That’s really wonderful!

-The former gymnast- for starting her spring exercise challenge!

I just wanted to give them a little cheer for their hard work :)

I also wanted to post about my decision to cancel my membership to weight watchers. This isn't a horrible thing or giving up. I was laying in bed on Sunday morning and told Josh that I really didn't want to go and his response was "would you rather be going to gym?" and I said yes.

The truth is, this diet or any diet alone will never be the key to long-term success. For many reasons. I've got the dieting part down (for the most part) and I want begin treating the exercise part as the most important aspect. Exercise is the key to changing my body and so that’s my mission.


I feel like I get more out of blogging and the day to day accountability that I get from logging my food, exercise and weight here. I get support here as well as encouragement. Not to discount the effectiveness of the meetings, I got what I needed, but how much longer can I continue to just focus on my food which ultimately drives me mad? I was starting to look at the meetings as something I was doing for them and not for me, I realized this when I was saying "I don't want to disappoint them", "I can't go if I haven't lost any weight"...that really is ridiculous. I felt like going to the meetings was more for their numbers and statistics which ultimately makes me feel weird.

I've rattled on enough about that. I’m retaining a lot from the salt of last week and it showed on the scale yesterday. I am confident that it is all water retention and that I will meet my goal of 275 by March 31st.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Awww, you are too sweet, Lorrie :-)

And hey, if you ever want to rant, GO AHEAD. We will supporty you no matter what mood you are in!

Good luck with shifting the focus to exercise - I find that once you get the exercise part right, the food becomes easier. The endorphins seem to go a good way towards substituting any food euphoria that you might experience.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Kimkins Chick said...

I love your blog and really loved the post before this one. I feel the same way sometimes, not so much having to act a certain way to fit in as much as feeling "less than" when I AM in a bad mood or grouchy or if I make a mistake at work, etc. because I tend to feel like I don't have as much right to be moody, make mistakes, etc. as thinner people, that it's less tolerated. Illogical yes. Sometimes I'll catch myself being myself, acting silly or playful and then I question whether or not I'm coming as idiotic but maybe a thinner person would come across as cool or more accepted, etc. So yeah, I watch my behavior way too much, judge it, even change it at times because I feel like I don't have as many rights to just be myself as thinner people do....and when I type this out, it just sounds completely nuts. Maybe we've learned to be so self judgmental and supervised because others think they have to judge and supervise us so much? Who knows.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Kriss said...

Hey, sweetie!

Thanks for the shoutout!! You inspired me to join Weight Watchers, and I'm so proud of you for how well you've done.

:)

I'm struggling with the exercise thing, too; so I know where you're coming from. Yeah, we know that's the secret key to the whole weight loss package; but it's still hard to find the motivation.

If I can do anything to help you stay on the right track, please let me know. In the meantime, I'll keep checking in here!

10:23 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

What kind words of encouragement for everbody! You are so sweet for celebrating everyone else.

You too should be celebrating your decision, which must have been a hard one to make. Just know that support is here, whenever you need it!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Red said...

Hey Lorrie, thanks for the birthday wishes. :-)

I can completely relate to your feelings about Weight Watchers. I know some people love having the support network and accountability that comes from attending the meetings, but maybe because I tend to be an emotionally private person, those two things were major turn offs for me.

I decided when I started this task of losing weight that the only one I really had to be accountable to was myself. And like you, I knew (basically) what I had to do food-wise. I used www.fitday.com to track my nutrition (calories and nutrients) and exercise but I wasn't on a "diet" per se; I was trying to change my relationship with, and attitude towards, food.

Exercise turned out to be my holy grail of weight management: Seeing the miles of walking, minutes of ellipticizing, weight lifting, etc. add up over the weeks and months is especially motivating for me. It was through exercise that my attitude about food really changed. I began to see food as fuel for my body and exercise when before I had seen it as a way to socialize with friends, comfort myself, show love to others, etc. Food is definitely all those things to me still, but I am much more aware of how what I eat impacts me physically which, in turn, helps me focus on making healthy choices.

I'm really rooting for you. I know you can do this!

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

HOME