10/30/2008

Funky Funker: daily routine

I was in a bit of a funk starting out this week and really needed to get out of it. As you can see from my last post I finally went to the gym yesterday, which made me feel so much better. I woke up yesterday, took a shower, shaved my legs, shaped my eyebrows and did this makeup:



And as superficial as it may seem, it made me feel so much better. And then I went to the gym even though I wanted to take a nap and I felt good about that. Now, I just need to be more consistent with myself. Going to the gym once a week just won't cut it.

Also, I love the videos from the lady above. When she starts doing her makeup I find myself saying "too much!" and then I just follow along and it really looks good. I love putting on makeup, but also respect why some women don't. Working from home has put me in a frame of mind of "do i really need to shower? do i really need to get out of my pajamas? do i really need to put an outfit on? do i really need to wear makeup?" and the answer is yes! I feel better and take better care of myself when I do these basic things everyday.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


10 Comments:

Blogger Tina said...

Good for you! You are doing so well! I often think about how much less I care about my appearance the heavier I am. I've been really trying to work on that!

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for posting about this today! I get the same happy effect when I take care of myself by dressing nicely or putting on make-up. Sometimes I feel like it's not worth it if I'm not in my ideal body, but cleaning up and looking presentable never fails to make me feel better about the day. This is a great reminder. Hope all is well!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Krissie said...

Ohhhh....I love the video! I'm gonna watch more of her!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Hello,

I just stumbled across your blog when I did a Google search for "weight loss blogs." I recently started one of my own, and I guess I wanted to see what was out there. It looks interesting; I will have to have a look around! :o)

11:14 PM  
Blogger amma15 said...

Girl doing apologize about feeling good about makeup!!!!

I took 2 of those Mac mini courses and makeup is one of my little daily pleasures.

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those "refresher" days are really great. I think I need one or two myself... though I'll hold off on the makeup for now.

11:52 PM  
Blogger Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I'm a girly-girl through and through. I love makeup and manicures and bubble baths. I look better and feel better for having pampered myself.

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg i just spent half an hour watching her videos. too addictive!

9:55 PM  
Blogger Brandi said...

Hi, this is the first time I've posted. Actually I just started reading your blog a week ago but its been inspiring! I really wanted to just give up but now that I am reading blogs they are inspiring me to keep pushing towards my goal!
The make up video is fantastic! Im a lover of all things black eye liner... I know I over do it sometimes just tried this look and I look fantastic! Cant wait to go out in public! So thanks for being such an inspiration and sharing that video a little positive self image goes a long way!

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear ya! It's so hard to leave my comfortable pajama pants and put actual clothes on when I'm just sitting around my house but once you do it you feel a ton better. You are a beautiful girl by the way.

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

HOME