9/04/2008

Settling in

I can't believe I haven't written since August 18th! I also can't believe (at all) that I've been living in VA for two weeks as of today (what!) These two weeks have gone by so quickly I don't even know what day of the week it is sometimes. We're still unpacking and settling in, but everyday it gets a little more like home.

We joined a local gym yesterday and I'm so ready to get back into some sort of exercise habit. The gym here is considerably cheaper, but its about a 15 minute drive away from where we live. The one in Brooklyn was a 5 minute walk, but we paid $140 a month for the two of us and here we only pay $52 a month. Crazy!

Eating in August was a bit crazy I went on the see food diet (i see food and eat it) equal parts stress from moving and sadness about not eating at my favorite restaurants again. This defiantly showed on the scale I was around 259-257 and went up to 269 in about three weeks tie. Since I've been here I've been taking parts principles of The Day Off Diet and following my own guidelines which basically involves eating less. If I go to a wedding (which I did) I ate less in the day. And so thats how it goes.

I've been asked about the wedding recently and I'm not sure if I've mentioned this or updated on the date yet, but the date has been pushed to June 6th because of possible weather disasters in February.

I have a lot of things I want to change about the look of the blog, plus a ton of reviews I am so behind on. Today I have a lot of unpacking and cleaning to do, and possibly checking out the new gym!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


9 Comments:

Blogger FAT BRIDESMAID said...

Woohoo! So glad you're back and settling in! We missed you girl!

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Glad to hear you are settling in! Good luck unpacking, can't wait to read more!

12:02 PM  
Blogger sweet tooth b gone said...

I am a first time blogger and I am on my own quest of losing weight, however I can't stay motivated. Do you find that blogging helps with your motivation?

Just reading over your blog is inspirational:) I really hope the best on your journey!!

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We moved away from the city and although I miss the nice restaurants it’s easier not to eat out as much and saves us time and money.

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! So glad to see you back! I am so excited that things are going well for you!

7:54 PM  
Blogger Lyn said...

Good to see you back!

8:47 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

Hi. I love the blog.I actuallly started one as well. Anyway, it's good to see you have a support system going and I hope you settle in and keep it up. If you ever need anything you can find me at Help Jason Lose Weight. I am going to add your site to my blog if you don't mind.

Thanks.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Rhondalynn_J said...

I think an online blog family does indeed help keep you on track with your fitness goals!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

You have wonderful information on SENSIBLE weight loss. As your post said, Bob Greene never met anyone who should be on less than 1500 calories per day - I agree! Counting calories shouldn't be the most important thing you do all day.

You're doing great! Love your blog.

The Skinny on Weight Loss

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

HOME