7/29/2008

Day 2 of 21: spastic dance

Coming by a little late tonight, its 11:30 pm. Better late than never, right? So, I just now finished my hour of exercise for today and I feel really good. I'm sweating while I type this and drinking a huge glass of water.
Let me tell you- I did not want to go to the gym today. If I've said it once, I've said it a million times I truly love full body cardio. It doesn't matter if its dancing or kick boxing, I will love it. When I think about getting on a machine at the gym a little part of my soul gets crushed. Okay, not really, but I just prefer doing something "real" for exercise, if that makes sense.

I'm rambling, so I didn't make it to the gym. I did do cardio dance with Josh in our cramped bedroom and it was awesome! We took turns leading the moves, he was more freestlyle dancing and I was more spastic cardio/kickbox. I defiantly burned a lot of calories and just feel good and uplifted. Its a reminder to myself that exercise doesn't have to suck. We danced to the entire MIA album and then to about three Michael Jackson songs for a total of 60 minutes.

I feel great!

Thanks to everyone who is joining along for the challenge its really motivating to have a growing list. If you're interested, its never too late!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


5 Comments:

Blogger TomKitty said...

Wow good for you!!!!

So far I've been speed walking on the track, but I'm looking forward to incorporating more exercises I previously enjoyed, namely Pilates, Yoga and working out on the powerball.

I'd love to try kickboxing!

12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great for you and THATS my FAVE cardio.

and josh joined in?
too fun.

I miss the old, seminormal michael.

Miz.

8:32 AM  
Blogger BlondeJustice said...

Right on sista! Dance is my favorite form of exercise! :)

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do a little dance... make a little love! Hey, that burns calories too! Get it on sister!! =) J/K

Thats awesome that you guys had fun together, and in an active, calorie burning way! Good for you! Keep it up, girlie! BTW- The more spastic the dancing is, the more fun you are probably having, so go ahead, SPAZ OUT!!

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found you as I was searching for inspiring blogs to add to my blogroll. Thank you for sharing your journey... I'm just starting to do so and will be back to read about you!

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

HOME