7/28/2008

twenty one days: round two

After a couple of emails from people wanting to give another 21 day challenge a try and a comment from Giyen about her completion of the first challenge, I decided to give it another go myself. And you know, actually do it!

Giyen's posts like everyone else's are really good and revolve around living more authentically. Check it out! So, last night I pulled out my calendar and realized that I only have 23 days left until moving day (omg!) and thought, why not? I'm ready to do it and give it another try. I'm ready, are you? If you're interested in joining along for the next 21 days, starting today (for me) leave a comment or send me an email at tokenfatgirl@gmail.com. I will post an entry with your name, challenge pledge and link to your blog.

I've been feeling very unmotivated lately to do much of anything. I've been following my diet plan lately as usual, although sometimes not following exactly. Exercise, for me, is the key to weight loss. Sure I could starve myself and lose muscle, water and then fat, but whats the point? I like to eat.

Exercise improves my mood, improves my skin, give me more confidence, and I feel better. Not to mention my body moves better. When I exercise, life becomes easier, tasks become easier and I forget about what I'm putting off because I'm actually doing it. Sometimes its so hard to just get back into these grooves. I've been in them before and it seems each time I get out of the exercise habit the harder it is to get back in.

My solution? Just doing it. Telling my brain to shut up. Those thoughts about being sweaty, putting on exercise clothes and spending time doing something other than being lazy. One lesson I really took to heart from Eckhart Tolle's book The New Earth is "you are not your thoughts". That was so freeing for me, as my thoughts often sabotage my best efforts. My thoughts bring insanity and then I was able to recognize that I am not what I am thinking. And then it stopped and the uncomfort went away.

If you, like me, feel uncomfortable about exercise in some mental way. Or your brain is trying to rationalize not doing it, I want to challenge us all to just understand we are not those thoughts and they are not real.

My 21 day challenge is to exercise for at least an hour a day for the next 21 days. I can do 45 minutes of cardio and 15 minutes of strength training or I can do yoga, walking, whatever. Not having the gym membership will have its perks too. Going to the gym can be a task in itself sometimes when I'd rather just move in some fun sort of way, like dancing.

If you want to join in, don't hesitate this could be really great!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good morning lovey,

I'd love to join you! Can we have a sweet button to put on our blog to say we are doing it?? *lol*

My challenge pledge is to do weights at least twice a week and continue with my running program right through to week 9 (I'm in week 5 now).

I would encourage you to up the weights. Do slightly more weights than cardio. I cannot tell you the difference it made in my body when I got serious about weights. You will not bulk up (unless you plan to take some performance enhancing drugs) but will get leaner so much quicker than slogging out the cardio for hours and hours. I can guarantee a half hour of lifting is worth more (as far as wanting to get lean) than a half hour of cardio...

Go on... try it!! Dare ya!!

See my friend Kek's blog www.keksbflthing.blogspot.com for some handy links for "lifting" chicks!!

I LOVE your bloggy!!

Ash
PS.. do you have a facebook page??

6:19 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm in! I'm just starting my weight loss and coming up with different goals. This is something I would love to join yall on. For the next 21 days I will exercise everyday for at least a half hour.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Kim @ Kim and Mikey said...

I made it 14 out of 21 days the first time. And while that is a good effort - I know I can do better. So I am once again pledging to a) abstain from drinking diet sodas and b)workout for at least 40 minutes each day.

I am so excited about getting a 2nd chance.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Zeolite said...

I could exercise 21 days in a row! I found your blog quite inspiring. Nothing like a good challenge!
You've got a lot of great info on your blog. I would love it if you considered adding your blog to our community so other readers can find what you have to say.

Here's the link. I hope to see you there.
http://www.benaturallywell.com/blog/add-your-blog/

Many Blessings,
Shelley

1:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Gosh, thanks for the mention Lorrie! I've been super busy was so surprised and honored that you blogged about my site. Thanks and thanks again for the ongoing inspiration.

G

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great challenge, hope you reach your goal.

Just try to stay motivated and you will succeed.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Jem said...

Good luck! :) I know you can do it. I am trying to build up the courage to do a 21 day challenge myself and your blog is really helping me stay focused and positive!

Thankyou so much! :)

JWard

http://fastfatlossproductreviews.blogspot.com/

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

HOME