9/18/2007

Two things I'm loving this week (and its only Tuesday)

So, as you can see in one of my recent posts I did a menu for myself this week. I went through my Weigh Watchers cookbook and found recipes that looked good and bought groceries accordingly. So far I've made the Thai shrimp salad (last night for lunch today) and the honey teriyaki salmon. I am so impressed with these recipes. One because they are easy and really good (and good for you) and two because they are not full of fakey "diet" ingredients. Tonight I am making sausage and herb stuffed mushrooms. If and when I find my camera I will start taking pictures of the meals I make. Sometimes I get mentally blocked about cooking. I think about all of the steps and preparation and end up talking myself out of it. I'm trying to tell my inner negative talker to shut up and cook.

I went to the gym yesterday morning with Josh at 6:30 am, that was incredibly early for both of us (mostly him though). I think early gym dates will have to be a couple of days a week. I'm going to go to the gym tonight as soon as I get home from work so I don't get too cozy.

Oh yes, the other thing I love. My new digital food scale! It's awesome. I was really confused with the idea that I could weigh things in a bowl (with an accurate reading) and could not mentally figure it out. I can be a bit...dumb at times. So I hit the "tare" button and put the bowl on top and it went to 0 grams/ounces. A light bulb went off . I was finally able to see what 4oz of rice noodles looks like! And one pound of shrimp. It also has nutritional information programed in and all you have to do is punch the code in. Oh digital scale you are awesome to me.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


4 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Ohhh I love your scale. Was thinking about getting something like that...

1:41 PM  
Blogger Chubby Chick said...

Those recipes sound so yummy and healthy! Do you cater? hehe

I love your new scale! Makes mine look like a dinosaur. lol

3:51 PM  
Blogger Naturally Blessed said...

this does sound immensely cool. i've been considering one off and on. how much was your extra cool one, if you dont mind me asking....

if you mind, of course you could ignore the question, lol...

3:52 PM  
Blogger FAT BRIDESMAID said...

love your scale! where's it from?

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

HOME