9/16/2007

Have I lost yet?

This past week I was feeling down due to my on coming period. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I really hate bringing up pms or periods. It feels very cliche to use it as an excuse to check-out temporarily. You'd think after 11 years of these things I would pinpoint the mood swings and the cravings before they happen. Nope, instead I spend a week thinking I am mentally insane and a failure at life. And then, it passes and I rejoin the living.

So I'm not going to do a long winded entry today about philosophies on being fat and my problems with being fat. I'm giving myself and my excuses a kick in the ass. Its a bit simple right now, I'm back to counting my weight watchers points (you can find these in my food journal to the right). I'm back to my weekly weigh-in's on Sundays (with camera photograph of the scale). I'm back to taking monthly progress photographs. And I'm back to cooking and all of that.

I need to lose weight. I want to lose weight. I need to be healthy. I want to feel proud of my health.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


7 Comments:

Blogger A said...

Hi Lorrie,

Good on you for not letting PMS get you down - I know its all too easy to kind of throw in the towel around that time of the month (my favourite excuse is 'I'll retain water anyway so what's the point?') but it's great you are being so positive!

Nat x

6:00 PM  
Blogger willowess said...

Hello-
I live in Ontario, Canada. I am a size 26/28 and I can totally identify with everything you're saying. I love that you're real and honest and positive. I am struggling so much with my weight, I find it hard to find clothes that fit, period. I feel like I wear the same stuff all the time. I feel sexless, invisible, huge and unattractive.

I just wanted to say thanks, u know. To know that someone else is going through the same thing. I just feel like I'm so alone in this sometimes. Like, I have big girl friends, but I'm the biggest of them all.

Its awesome that you're losing. I'm scared that if I do lose it I'll just gain it back. To have that freedom of being thin and then gain it all back would be heart breaking. Right now I want to do it for my health. I need to exersize more for sure, but I need to certainly cut down on the food, calories, fat, etc.

Anyways. Best of luck to you, just wanted to let you know that I think your blog is really cool :)

-Shauna

willowess.blogspot.com

10:25 PM  
Blogger Lily T said...

I know what you mean about the whole PMS thing.

Good for you on your attitude!

Every once in a while, especially when you’re just getting back on the wagon, it’s good to go back to basics.

11:25 PM  
Blogger Chubby Chick said...

Hey, girl. We all fall off the wagon from time to time. Don't beat yourself up about it. We're all here for you... and we know that you can do this thing! :)

11:57 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Yay you can do it! And I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks I'm out of my mind one week a month.

2:09 AM  
Blogger Naturally Blessed said...

ha! i understand completely.....only when i started my blog, did i begain to really recognize the emotional rollercoster i would go on the week prior to my period. i am a mess.

cliche or not, i lean on this crutch heavily...as it is the reality of my life.

happy to here you are on track and all that....gonna check out your links, and see how you're doing.

Blessings!

2:58 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

You're getting there - keep up with your great attitude. I know it is awful to blame TOM for everything but I have about 4 days when I just NEED sugar so do you know what, I have it, otherwise I just think about it for hours and then binge.
How organised are you with your food!!! You're amazing. I wish I could meal plan like that.

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

HOME