7/01/2007

Happy New Month

Isn’t there something hopeful about a new month? My last entry has sparked some new motivation in me and I feel very hopeful about the month of July. I got on the scale this morning and it read 275.5 (eek) and I don’t feel bad about it, which in itself is progress. I think part of me instinctually would have said “oh fuck it, where’s the cookies?”, but in reality I know that most of it is water weight fluctuations in part with some bad food decisions this week (pad thai anyone?). With better care of what I eat and exercise I will be down to 266 by the weeks end, which is what I’m aiming for.
260 = a 50 lb. total weight loss since moving to nyc which is pretty awesome

I have a few goals for this month and just some things I’d like to do/keep in mind for the month:

-Enter the 250’s by months end (259 will do)
-Not wasting away my weekends in the house cleaning and organizing, by maintaining a schedule and some sort of order in the house during the week (house=apartment…I know this isn’t weight related, but it’s a huge factor with my mental health)
-Be better prepared for days when I know that I will be faced with tempting foods
-Plan flexible menus for the week ahead every Sunday
-Continue weekly weigh-ins (record them)
-Record Measurements at the beginning of the month (today) and compare on the first day of the next month
-Keep active: at the gym (continue kick box class and strength training, and with creative projects)
-Avoid bringing stress home
-Try at least two new things that may be frightening
-Keep a small hand written journal for venting and positive thoughts
-Record all food every day in blog
-Spending free time working on projects instead of watching DVDs from netflix

So there you have it, I’m really excited about this month for some reason. I feel like I’m awakening my perspective in a lot of ways and becoming a more positive and thoughtful person.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


6 Comments:

Blogger Krissie said...

Happy New Month!

50 pound loss is INCREDIBLY awesome! Great for you!

I love your monthly goals. I may steal some of your ideas for my own New Month.

Happy July!!

7:15 PM  
Blogger KBeans said...

Hey Lorrie!

I hope all is well with you! Good luck on your new plan for the month. A friend and I gave up sugar yesterday ...I think I'm going to win ...she gets stressed easier than I do...
We should hangout when I make it down to NYC!

Kirsten

1:04 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

What a great post - you sound so positive. I think I need to make a list myself of things to do this month and stick to it.

2:14 PM  
Blogger xo said...

What a great attitude for the new month. Best of luck!

xxoo

9:47 AM  
Blogger Verity said...

Hi, just discovered your blog. I am on a weight loss journey myself at the moment so it is always good to read about other people in the same position.

Good luck, hope the motivation stays with you.

www.veritysworld.blogspot.com

10:29 AM  
Blogger Shireen said...

I just came across your site and really enjoyed reading about you - you are very inspirational in your quest for weight loss!! Keep up the good work :)

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

HOME