2/02/2007

wearing red and a dress pin will not lower your chances of heart disease

Something horrible must have happened in my sleep the night before last because my neck is very tense and tight. I just took pain medicine and muscle relaxers to help. There just is not a comfortable position to lay in when your neck hurts.

Anyway, happy groundhogs day! I've always disliked this holiday even as a kid. It never made sense to me and I never understood what actually was happening on this day. It remained cold no matter what the groundhog saw in my opinion. And besides, what if you live in southern california or florida? Its always warm there.

I exercised yesterday despite my neck problems and it was a lot of fun (josh participated in a little richard simmons love with me.). My exercise log is now up if you want to go read it over there -----> . I like this blog because I feel as though I am very honest with what I am doing to lose weight. Its my excuse-free zone, which is a first for me in years. I haven't exercised a lot since I started this blog. I don't have an excuse...a real excuse. Sure, work got busy, I was having PMS, I was tired, but, the truth is I simply didn't want to so I didn't. And that just isn't an excuse. My exercise goal for right now is rerouting my excuses. I could say "well I dont have time". I do have time. I make time to watch seinfeld, to surf the internet (to blog), to read, to do all the little things I like to do. So, for me to say I dont have at least 30 minutes a day out of 24 hours is really pathetic.

Its national heart month. A month to remind everyone (especially women) to take care of themselves and their hearts. check out www.americanheart.org for information and take the checkup test to calculate your risk of heart disease. There are studies coming out now showing that those with a waist of 35 inches or more are at a higher risk of heart disease than those with a smaller waist line.

Here is a little bit of information on high blood pressure that I found interesting and alarming.

"When the heart pumps blood into the arteries, the blood flows with a force pushing against the walls of the arteries. This force is called the blood pressure. When your blood pressure is measured, it is a measure of how hard the heart has to work to pump the blood.

When the arteries become hardened and narrowed with cholesterol plaque (atherosclerosis) and calcium (arteriosclerosis), the heart has to strain much harder to pump blood through them. This makes the blood pressure go abnormally high. High blood pressure is also called hypertension.

What makes high blood pressure important is that it usually causes no symptoms but can still cause serious complications."

What are you doing this month to take care of your heart?

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes But The Movie Is Awesome.

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

HOME