2/07/2007

Reasons not to be fat

The week is flying by, much like last week and the week before and the week before...

My week is going well eating-wise, except for the quiche I had on Monday. Which is a good example of how this eating plan lets you have foods that you enjoy and still lose weight.

A couple of things that are helping me through my third week, is actually making it here. Countless time I've given up at the first week, er even the first day. It's hard to say what works and what doesn't. Paying 40$ a month keeps me going to the meetings, and the meetings keep me going through the week. There are days, especially at the beginning of the week when I think "well, it wont be horrible if I eat a lot of food today and then do better the rest of the week". I haven't followed those feelings, but in the past I have. They only put me in more denial and can tale spin into more days where I say "just today, but I'll start again tomorrow", which leads you nowhere and still fat. I'm finding the more days that I fight the desire to overeat, the stronger I become. Because I begin to say "I've come this far, its not worth it" and I slowly feel that the pay off of overeating is not as great as the payoff of seeing weight loss everyweek.

I keep reminding myself of summer and how hot it is here. I sweat a lot as I mentioned before. I sweat when it is 60 degrees outside and even more when it is 100 degrees outside. It's even worse in new york, because of the lack of air conditioning everywhere (as it seems) and the walking which are bad combinations for those like me.




"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go!
I found your post on my google desktop thing. I think you are doing great. WW is one of the very few eating plans that dietitians approve of because it doesn't limit food groups but instead encourages portion control and general healthy eating. This is why it is a diet plan that can be managed for a lifetime. I'm a registered dietitian in Texas and if you need some sound nutrition info, just contact me: www.myspace.com/dietitian and ask to be my friend. Be sure to tell me your name so I can add you and not some random person.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

HOME